Circle Theatre announces auditions for
The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
Directed by Natalie King
• Audition: Video submissions only—please submit video, headshot, and resume by Thursday, July 22nd at
8:00pm (more information below)
• Callback Requests: Will be sent in the form of an email by Friday, July 23rd.
• Callbacks: Held in person on Sunday, July 25th starting at 1:00pm at Circle Theatre
• First Rehearsal: October 4, 2021
• Performance Dates: October 28, 2021 – November 20, 2021
• Auditions will consist of video submissions with sides from the show (below).
• Please prepare the material for the character you would like to read for.
• Upload your headshot and resume here with the file name being your FIRST AND LAST NAME:
• Please bring a copy of your headshot and resume to the callback
• Submit your audition here.
• Please note, you do not need to have a reader with you for the taping, especially regarding Laura's sides, as the sides can be read as a monologue.
THE FOLLOWING ROLES HAVE BEEN CAST:
AMANDA WINGFIELD – Laura and Tom’s mother. A proud, vivacious woman, Amanda clings fervently to memories of a vanished, genteel past. She is simultaneously admirable, charming, pitiable, and laughable.
LAURA WINGFIELD- 23 years old. Amanda’s daughter and Tom’s older sister. Laura has a bad leg, on which she has to wear a brace, and walks with a limp. Painfully shy, she has largely withdrawn from the outside world and devotes herself to old records and her collection of glass figurines.
TOM WINGFIELD- 22 years old. Amanda’s son and Laura’s younger brother. An aspiring poet, Tom works at a shoe warehouse to support the family. He is frustrated by the numbing routine of his job and escapes from it through movies, literature, and alcohol.
JIM O’CONNOR- An old acquaintance of Tom and Laura. Jim was a popular athlete in high school and is now a shipping clerk at the shoe warehouse in which Tom works. He is unwaveringly devoted to goals of professional achievement and ideals of personal success.
Equity and Non-Equity Members encouraged to audition - Equity Contracts Available.
Circle Theatre is a member of the Equity Membership Candidacy program.
Circle Theatre is committed to being a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We are committed to providing an equal opportunity for all artists, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability. We respect and value diverse life experiences and will ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Please note: actors must be fully vaccinated with a two-week window by October 4, 2021.
ABOUT THE PLAY:
From her cramped St. Louis apartment, Amanda Wingfield dreams of her days as a Southern debutante while worrying about the future of her aimless son Tom and unmarried daughter Laura. With their father absent and the Great Depression in motion, the siblings find comfort in their foibles — alcohol, movies and writing for Tom and a collection of glass animals for Laura — which only heightens Amanda’s anxiety. When a gentleman caller arrives for dinner, the Wingfields are flooded with hope. But it’s unclear if his presence will change things for the better or shatter their fragile illusions. Be sure to catch this timeless classic at Circle Theatre!
We highly suggest reading the script before the audition. Perusal copies of the script are available during business hours at Circle Theatre and at S.T.A.G.E. (for members only).
Callback Auditions will be held at:
230 W. 4th St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early. Sign in at the table in the lobby.
Sundance Square is no longer validating parking, so please park in one of the following parking garages:
Garage off of 5th/Houston (Entrance off 5th)
Garage off of 3rd/Taylor (Above Piranha, entrance off 3rd)
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
You may also call Circle Theatre's office for any questions regarding auditions
Office Hours: 12pm - 5pm, Tuesday-Friday - 817.877.3040