Every year, Circle Theatre hosts an annual High School Playwriting Project to benefit local student playwrights. We invite all DFW Metroplex high school teachers to enter 10-minute scripts, written by their students, for evaluation by an experienced panel of judges. All who enter scripts receive a complimentary ticket to a Circle Theatre show.
• The top 20 scripts move on to the next round where they are evaluated by TxWes University's playwriting class.
• All 20 scripts receive written feedback.
• Scripts which place between 5th-8th place are our semi-finalist plays.
• Scripts that place in the top four are read by professional actors as a part of our FINALIST READING SERIES.
• The semifinalist and finalist plays all receive trophies, stipends, and theatre tickets to theatres around DFW.
2023 HSPP DIGITAL PROGRAM
HSPP 2023 Finalist Playwrights | Click to read
HSPP 2023 Semifinalist Playwrights | Click to read
HSPP 2023 FINALIST READING SERIES PARTICIPANTS
2023 HSPP FINALIST & SEMIFINALISTS
We are SO excited for our 2023 High School Playwriting Project semifinalist and finalists! We are THRILLED for these writers who will receive trophies, scholarship, and the opportunity for their plays to be read by professional actors. Line up coming soon — but make your Free reservations for May 21 at 4:30pm at Texas Wesleyan University here: https://bit.ly/CircleTickets
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐒:
Seeds for Jack, Flowers for Nora
Sarah May Dages
This is a Robbery
𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 𝐇𝐒𝐏𝐏 𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐒:
The Home is Where the Heart Lives