Every year, Circle Theatre hosts an annual High School Playwriting Project to benefit local student playwrights. We invite all DFW Metroplex high school teachers to enter 10-minute scripts, written by their students, for evaluation by an experienced panel of judges. All who enter scripts receive a complimentary ticket to a Circle Theatre show.
• The top 20 scripts move on to the next round where they are evaluated by TxWes University's playwriting class.
• All 20 scripts receive written feedback.
• Scripts which place between 5th-8th place are our semi-finalist plays.
• Scripts that place in the top four are read by professional actors as a part of our FINALIST READING SERIES.
• The semifinalist and finalist plays all receive trophies, stipends, and theatre tickets to theaters around DFW.
THE HSPP PROCESS
Resources for incorporating the High School Playwriting Project into your curriculum
The best way to help students become playwrights is to make the HSPP a part of your curriculum. We have broken down the pipeline to inspire and encourage students during the process! We have included a sample curriculum you can seamlessly flow in your semester planning as well as broken out pieces you can mix and match to suit your individual classroom!
Our HSPP curriculum breaks out exercises week by week that will build on top of one another to lead your students on the right path for writing a successful play!
We are also offering a limited number of in classroom
visits to help kick off the program.
Inquire more about this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org