Every year, Circle Theatre hosts an annual High School Playwriting Project to benefit local student playwrights. We invite all DFW Metroplex high school teachers to enter 10-minute scripts, written by their students, for evaluation by an experienced panel of judges. All who enter scripts receive a complimentary ticket to a Circle Theatre show.
• The top 20 scripts move on to the next round where they are evaluated by TxWes University's playwriting class.
• All 20 scripts receive written feedback.
• Scripts which place between 5th-8th place are our semi-finalist plays.
• Scripts that place in the top four are read by professional actors as a part of our FINALIST READING SERIES.
• The semifinalist and finalist plays all receive trophies, stipends, and theatre tickets to theatres around DFW.