Every year, Circle Theatre hosts an annual High School Playwriting Project to benefit local student playwrights. We invite all DFW Metroplex high school teachers to enter 10-minute scripts, written by their students, for evaluation by an experienced panel of judges. All who enter scripts receive a complimentary ticket to a Circle Theatre show.
• The top 20 scripts move on to the next round where they are evaluated by TxWes University's playwriting class.
• All 20 scripts receive written feedback.
• Scripts which place between 5th-8th place are our semi-finalist plays.
• Scripts that place in the top four are read by professional actors as a part of our FINALIST READING SERIES.
• The semifinalist and finalist plays all receive trophies, stipends, and theatre tickets to theatres around DFW.
HSPP | FINALIST READING SERIES
June 26, 2022 | 7:00pm
We invite YOU to join us for our 2022 Finalist Reading Series hosted by Theatre Wesleyan on the campus of Texas Wesleyan University. At this event, we will honor our student playwrights and present awards to semifinalist and finalist playwrights. Our main event is the reading of the top four scripts by professional DFW actors.
This year, we are having a picnic! Pepe's Taqueria will be on campus selling their amazing tacos & quesadillas. You are also invited to bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages.
**We are moving this event INDOORS! So, when you arrive, we will still have the food and tables outdoors ready for eating. We will then move into the theater for the performances. **
Please note that writers are encouraged to write whatever they choose. There are adult themes and language in the pieces.
ANNOUNCING HSPP 2022 ACTORS
ANNOUNCING HSPP 2022 FINALIST PLAYWRIGHTS
Show Your Hand
The Hockaday School
A Middle Place
Big Girls Don't Cry
Adam Szkudlarek & Rylee Hunt
Magic and Monsters
ANNOUNCING HSPP 2022 SEMIFINALIST PLAYWRIGHTS
Sohani Ramnani & Connor Musier
Ronald Ronald and the World-Wide Spoon Shortage